Hosting / Sponsoring a Hive
We do all the work! You just provide a space in your garden on the ground or on your balcony, patio or rooftop.
- installation of healthy colony in Spring as soon as bees are ready
- regular roughly bi-weekly inspections of the hive
- treatment of any hive ailments
- A case of honey collected from your own yard's colony ( 12 - 275g jars)
- well-pollinated flowers for neighbourhood
- improved fruit yields
- option to purchase more honey
- a good feeling about helping sustain honey bees and increasing local food production throughout the ecosystem
- winterizing the colony, beginning in August
- honey extraction and bottling
- think globally, act locally ... host a hive and help honey bees
We have aligned with Langley Environmental Partners Society and the benefit for sponsors is a tax deductible charitable receipt for the $600 annual sponsorship fee, minus the value of honey received, about $50.